StatCounter

February 18, 2006

Home Phone

The telephone just rang.

I was alone in the house, and the telephone rang.

This wouldn't be weird except, as most of you know, Becky and I nixed the home phone several weeks ago. Who needs a home phone when you're never home anyway, right? (DVR is much more useful...and ultimately just as cost-effective.) So the phone service was supposedly shut off, and the main phone/answering machine has been unhooked and stored in my closet. Ironically, it was either last night or this morning that Becky mentioned to me that her bedroom phone was still hooked up and that she probably needed to disconnect it.

So when I heard the phone ring, I was like, "What is that sound? It sounds like a telephone! My cell phone doesn't sound like a telephone. Becky's cell phone doesn't sound like a telephone (and she has it with her, anyway). I unhooked the telephone. Why do I hear a telephone???"

Anyway, I didn't answer it. But a few minutes later, I walked trepidatiously into Becky's room and lifted the receiver, and yes indeed, there was a dial tone. (I should add that we didn't have a dial tone a couple weeks ago.) Weirdness.

p.s. Becky, if I forget to tell you about this when you get home, please consider this my communication of the matter. :)

No comments: