StatCounter

February 13, 2006

Printers, Etc.

I'd just like to take this moment to say that I successfully took apart (and put back together) my printer today. We'll simply ignore the fact that the reason why I had to do this was based out of my own stupidity.... Yeah, I decided to print on a small square of paper, and apparently the paper wasn't long enough to feed into the printer, so it got stuck and jammed up the machine.

Thankfully, once I removed the paper tray, all four ink cartridges, and the imaging drum, I was able to squeeze my hand under a little ledge and retrieve the offending piece of paper.

I'm feeling like a reasonably capable person today. It's a nice feeling. I hope it lasts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

:-)

Do you fix cars too? Or only printers? ;-)

Becky Davis said...

No, Jana doesn't fix cars, though I think she could if she wanted to. She just doesn't think she can. I personally find that printers, copiers, and the like can be much more complicated to fix than basic car problems.

Jana Swartwood said...

But you see, when I look at a printer or a copier or a computer, I see pieces that have functions, fit together logically, and comprise a whole. When I look under the hood of a car, I see...metal. Seriously, I'm lucky I know how to check my oil (not that I ever do it). I suppose it's a mental block, because generally I do believe I'm capable of learning anything I set my mind to, but when it comes to cars, I just don't know if I'll ever get to that place. To be honest, I don't want to. That's why God created men!

Anonymous said...

;-)