StatCounter

April 30, 2006

The Overwhelmingness of Life

Can I just take a moment and toss maturity to the wind? Of course I can. It's my blog, and you can't stop me. :) WARNING: Whining and complaining to follow.

So my basic complaint is this: I'm just tired of my life. Yes, I am. Where is Clarence when you need him? I'm tired of pushing myself dangerously close to the breaking point. I'm tired of spending every waking moment at work (or worse, feeling guilty when I don't). I'm tired of classes and finals and studying. And I'm tired of having to deal with people who want more from me than I can give.

I am only one person. I cannot single-handedly save the universe. I cannot fix all your stupid problems. I cannot provide answers to all things on a moment's notice. I cannot bear the burden of others' monumental incompetence without breaking. I just can't.

Ok. So I'm going to bed now. No more studying. No more folding laundry. Hopefully perspective will come with the morning.

4 comments:

Becky Davis said...

Let me know if there is anything that I can do to make your life better. I can't change things at work or with your studying, but if you need me to do something around the house, I can.

Jana Swartwood said...

"The only way out is up," Elsie whispered. "A leap of faith."

Anonymous said...

Who is Elsie? Where did that quote come from? Why don't i know it?

Jana Swartwood said...

It's from Rent. Maureen's monologue.

Out of the abyss walked a cow: Elsie. She said, "I'm forbidden to produce milk. In Cyberland, we only drink...Diet Coke."